The details of the position can be found below.
Feb. 25, 2019
TBD, based on experience
Our client is a privately-owned Canadian Company, providing quality custom-built switchgear and electrical houses (E-houses) for a wide variety of applications for the local and international markets. Our client is currently seeking an experienced Plant Manager for a full-time position placement in the City of St. Catharines.
- Bachelor’s degree, manufacturing or an Engineering degree is highly desirable. A combination of education and experience will also be considered
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in various functional areas of manufacturing including fabrication and production. Experience as a plant manager in electrical product manufacturing environments is desirable.
- Good understanding of electrical products, power electrical equipment, materials planning, engineering, lean, statistical process control, budgeting, recruitment and employee relations/supervision.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work closely and productively with subordinates, peers and higher levels of management.
- Ability to make procedural, policy and program decisions to determine operational improvements in quality and efficiency
- Able to explain training material to operating staff
- Expert MS-Office skills and solid experience in BOM/ERP system is an asset
- Excellent leadership and team building skills (including hands-on involvement)
- Aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Responsible for managing all daily manufacturing operations including production, planning, quality, safety, maintenance, planning and shipping. They will contribute to achieving the plant's sales objectives through coordinating workflow and product quality. Oversee all the facility’s processes and activities to achieve KPIs across multiple categories including waste, quality, costs, efficiencies, safety, delivery, etc.
- Directly supervises plant staff, manufacturing area personnel (25-30) as direct reports
- Oversees manufacturing operation, plant manufacturing and auxiliary equipment.
- Ensure safety, high level of efficiency of the facility and customer satisfaction
- Test and monitor plant processes
- Remain in compliance with facility ISO and CSA standards
- Prepare, analyze and issue production and performance reports
- Support business development
- Lead the Operations team to achieve project goals and metric targets. Monitors operation performance and control costs to achieve company budget goals. Apply performance indicators, assure business objective and criteria are met.
- Communicates performance to upper management
- Leads and implements the different lean manufacturing tools and techniques in the different areas of the operation.
- Develop manufacturing plan and establish processes for achieving the highest quality standard
- Ensure products are delivered on time while meeting profit targets
- Maintain all administrative record
- Participate in and implement strategic plans
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventative maintenance program Performing other related duties and tasks, as required