The details of the position can be found below.
Feb. 21, 2019
Full Time/Temp to Perm
Our client is looking for Welder/Fitters to operate welding equipment to weld ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Three to five years welding experience (emphasis on stick welding & fitting)
- Successfully complete a vertical weld test to HMS standards
- CWB certification is preferred but not mandatory
- Read/interpret drawings and specifications
- Operate manual and semi-automatic Stick, Mig and Tig welders to fuse metal segments
- Operate manual and semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers
- Operate or assist with the use of metal shaping machines such as shears, brakes and other straightening or bending machines.
- Set up/ take down/maintain welding equipment
- Other duties as required
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions year round (cold, heat, wind, rain)
- Working in confined spaces that may require the wearing of protective gear such as respirators, SCBA gear, and fall arrest harnesses, etc.
- May be exposed to very hot temperatures, noise, fumes and dust depending on job site
- Prolonged periods working in awkward positions (standing, crouching, bending)
- Lifting to a maximum of 80 lbs. Heavier objects may be lifted in conjunction with other employees or equipment
- Hours of work are typically 9 hours per day, up to six days per week. Overtime may add an additional 5 to 15 hours depending on workload. Given the service nature of our business, emergency repairs for customers may require prolonged hours and workweek from time to time.