The details of the position can be found below.
Mar. 22, 2019
Assistant Site Superintendent
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager the Site Superintendent will:
- Reporting to the Project Manager, direct trades as required to facilitate completion of homes on schedule and with quality standards maintained
- Supervise the work of trades to ensure work is performed according to plans and on schedule
- Arrange for building Inspections by local Building Department
- Inspect work to ensure work is complete and meets quality standards.These areas include: foundations, backfill and rough grade, siding insulation, exterior windows and doors, HVAC, Plumbing, interior finishes and cabinets.
- Send completion slips to head office and Senior Construction Manager and maintain ongoing record of jobs completed noting conformance with architect plans, construction schedule, any deficiencies, balance to complete
- Perform “walk-throughs” with Buyers at electrical stage and on completion
- Communicate with home buyers to schedule landscaping and repairs of deficiencies at Closing
- Supervise completion of seasonal items including grading and landscaping contractors
- Update Senior Project Manager and head office with status of completions weekly and report any changes in schedule in UDA
- Where needed assist with physical clean up, repairs or receive shipments as required
- Good communicator and a positive attitude to working for the company and to be able to give clear professional instructions to trades
- Senior experience and knowledge of construction practices for residential homes
- Enthusiastic team player willing to work hand in hand with Senior Construction Manager and specialty trades
- Must be a self-starter able to set priorities and move from completed jobs to other priorities with minimal supervision
- “Working from Heights” certified
- Safety training and WHMIS training.
- Physical ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required.
- Safety equipment required: steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses and hardhat.
- Will be exposed to construction sites.