The details of the position can be found below.
Aug. 6, 2019
Financial Controller- Manufacturing
Reporting to the President, the Controller will direct and carry out all accounting and financial activities, including planning, procurement processes, reporting and investment analysis.
Professional designation, CPA, CGA, CMA or equivalent. 5+ years of previous experience. Food industry experience is an asset.
Job Responsibilities include: Initial priority is implementation of ERP System
- Take charge of the production reports and analyze the data to ensure maximum efficiency and output
- Manage day to day cash flow; produce weekly cash flow statements
- Produce monthly reports in a timely manner, including management accounts, sales reports, variance analysis, etc.
- Prepare financial statements as required – business activities, forecasting, budgets, etc.
- Partner with the production manager to ensure efficient production procedures are in place
- Manage and update costings on each product including new products to be presented to prospective clients
- Ensure prompt processing of customer orders and invoices for collection of receivables
- Assist various departments with control of funds with respect to product introduction, promotions and capital expenditures
- Conduct and / or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with provincial and federal requirements and statutes as well as with accounting standards
- Ensure compliance with timely filing of returns of information for compliance with Federal and Provincial authorities for grants, loans etc.
- File remittances and returns on time in compliance with payroll taxes, WSIB, Employee Health Tax, HST, etc.
- Manage the process for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection and custody of funds, securities and financial instruments
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with banking, insurance and external accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities
- Maintain a working knowledge of internal policies and procedures and current accounting standards
- Manage and evaluate performance of direct reports, including reviews, performance improvement plans and discipline.
- Ability to analyze costs and benefits to determine action taken
- Knowledge of and/or prior experience using Production software for reporting and managing costs
- Experience and knowledge of Sage 300
- Experience and knowledge of SAP and Minotaur ERP
- Proficiency in Payroll Processing both internally and through external companies e.g. Ceridian
- Proven ability to identify problems, review options and implement solutions
- Strong ability to use reason and logic in analyzing solutions
- Strong ethics and a commitment to always acting with integrity
- Ability to work both independently and as a team Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Proven ability to work with, coach and mentor teams