The details of the position can be found below.
Jun. 13, 2019
PNB Production Supervisor
The employee will supervise all aspects of the shift production operations to ensure employee safety, compliance, cost effectiveness and efficient performance. The Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the production activities of employees and utilizing assets to meet the company's strategic plan and supporting initiatives. The Production Supervisor is also responsible for training, evaluating performance and coaching employees, ensuring that each member of the team is meeting his/her performance requirements, and that all standards are being followed.
- High School Diploma, post-secondary an asset
- 5 years similar job experience
- Health and Safety Training
- Experience with production scheduling or planning preferred
- Previous supervisory or management experience preferred
- Must be knowledgeable about safety policies, legislation and best practices in the industry.
- Responsible for worker safety; must ensure compliance with plant Health and Safety Procedures as well as any and all applicable legislation
- Supervise and plan hourly employees in the melt, processing, packaging and shipping departments within the scope of production and training related agendas.
- Coach the hourly employees of the correct working procedures and company rules and enforce adherence accordingly.
- Provide and support services to the maintenance and quality departments and assistance to the purchasing, accounting, sales and human resource department.
- Maintain an efficient and orderly flow of production through the various departments to achieve the maximum output in packaging, ensuring that all quality standards are maintained, and customer requirements are met on time.
- Plan training programs and work assignments for employees, monitor their progression through job performance reviews.
- Communicate the status of scheduled production and packaging runs to the relief supervisor and logistics.
- Record product requirement and production quantities accurately and properly on such reports deemed necessary of tons packed, and send them the necessary reports.
- Ensure compliance with all internal environmental policies and procedures as well as any applicable environmental legislation.
- Ensures that all health and safety requirements are enforced, review work areas for potential issues and participate in resolving identified concerns.
- Computer Skills-Experience in Excel and Word
- Basic math skills
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Ability to motivate others