The details of the position can be found below.
Sep. 4, 2019
Operations Manager- Construction
Our client is seeking a Vice President of Operations to manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department. Ensure safe and efficient operations. Serve as a company representative on regulatory issues. Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company's policies and applicable laws. Experience in construction/millwork essential.
Responsibilities may include interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with employees performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards. Organizing the budget of the company in collaboration with the President.
- Establish project workflow, and conduct time studies of all Millwork Operations. Responsible to provide feedback team.
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Responsible for all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees
- Work closely with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Good and effective communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical and organizational abilities are of great importance
- Possess good leadership ability, as well as ability to work as part of a team or even lead a team when called upon
- Ability to read and interpret specifications
- Ability to be proactive and also to foresee events and react appropriately towards them
- The ability to multitask and strategize in different situations is also relevant
- Attendance at Trade Shows and industry related conferences
- Responsible for the overall production, quality, cost, and safety objectives for the plant. Develop and implement key performance indicators to achieve these performance objectives.
- Responsible for the overall production, quality, sales, cost, and safety objectives for the plant. Develop and implement key performance indicators to achieve these performance objectives.
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement and be a champion of activities, programs, and events to drive continuous improvement efforts throughout the plant.