The details of the position can be found below.
Jan. 14, 2020
Certified Millwright/ Industrial Mechanic
Our client is looking for a Certified Millwright to perform various maintenance related duties, including inspections and repairs of machinery, equipment and job tools including but not limited to: slings, chains, fall arrest equipment, emergency response equipment, ladders and tugger, torches, chain fails, mono-rails, conveyors, etc. Also performs various welding, carpentry, pipefitting, automotive, mechanical and masonry maintenance.
- Must hold current/valid Certificate of Qualification – Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- TSSA Weld ticketed, an asset
- Experience with welding stainless steel, steel, high pressure welding, an asset
- 2” Pipe Fitting
- Previous related experience, preferably in food/chemical manufacturing industry
- Receives instructions prints and work orders for job. Interprets drawings and sketches, plans details of working procedure and tools and materials requirements. Makes sketches showing construction details for fabrication or remodeling work. Plans sequence of operations and job methods. Makes calculations essential in estimating material requirements.
- Selects materials in connection with suitability for job. Lays out works, makes sketches and determines stock sizes as required. Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded as required. Sets up, assembles and tact: welds parts, constructing special fixtures as needed. Performs gas and electric welding in all positions (down-hand vertical, overhead etc.) Makes any type and size of weld, "V" lap, butt, etc., preheating parts when required. Builds up worn or defective surfaces cleans grinds and flame anneals parts and welded joints as required. Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape. Performs brazing as required.
- Performs work requiring a working knowledge of the welding properties of various types of metals, welding rocs, welding heats, stress relief, allowances for fit up and machining, and the effect of shrinkage, warp age and expansion. Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs and assembles machinery and equipment.
- Inspects plant equipment for defects, such as, misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication etc. Determines the best way of making repairs to minimize interruption of production. Advises when immediate shutdown of equipment is necessary to minimize damage or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect. Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles and lubricates mechanical equipment. Adjusts equipment for proper operating characteristics.
- Makes either permanent or temporary repairs. Assembles and aligns gears, bearings, and shafts, involving the application of press, sliding and running fits.
- Babbits and scrapes bearing as required. Breaks, cleans and replaces process lines as necessary. Changes, sets up and adjusts equipment as required by current operating conditions. Works with repairs crews as directed on emergency breakdowns. Performs rigging when required.
- Sets up and operates woodworking tools as required to cut, finish and form material for the job. Uses a variety of hand tools to form, fabricate, finish, erect, dismantle, repair and refinish structures and plant office equipment.
- Performs a wide variety of carpentry work such as interior finishing, repair office furniture, doors, partitions, windows, building, tanks, benches, shoring scaffolds, concrete forms, etc. Locates and installs prefabricated wood and metal parts. Install or replace broken glass as required. Dismantles and erects various types of roofing and siding. Performs touch-up or incidental painting as required in connection with repairs. Erects scaffolds and safety barriers, and makes provisions for handling materials needed for the job.
- Lays out work, makes sketches of piping as required, and calculates dimensions and radii of bends.
- Sets up and operated bending, threading and cut-off equipment, and uses various hand tools of the trade to shape and fabricate pipe as required for installation. Tests, inspects, dismantles, replaces, or installs any type of high or low pressure pipe fittings and fixtures as required for maintenance an deconstruction of pipe lines for air, water, steam, oil, gas, acid, caustic etc.
- Other related duties as required
- Company pension
- Vision care
- Extended health care