The details of the position can be found below.
Jul. 9, 2018
TBD, based on experience
Burke Employment Solutions have clients that often are seeking skilled Accounting Clerks to join them in contract positions, as required. In these roles, the successful candidate would be responsible for maintaining certain accounting records and systems, preparing reports, statements and analyses, to review and reconcile cash collections, postings, and transactions.
- College diploma or university degree in a Business or Accounting Program.
- Minimum of two years accounting experience.
- Proven aptitude with figures and some formal bookkeeping training and/or experience.
- Proven ability to organize workload under limited supervision and to meet deadlines.
- Prepare monthly summaries, balancing to monthly detailed sub-ledger trial balance.
- Reconcile and summarize daily cashier deposits and prepare the deposit for delivery to the bank.
- Prepare adjusting entries as necessary.
- Check cash deposit summaries for various operations and verify daily reconciliation reports.
- Prepare related monthly journal entries.
- Prepare related journal entries.
- Preparation of basic statements and analyses and maintain certain registers and routine accounting controls.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.