The details of the position can be found below.
Jun. 14, 2018
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join their growing team. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of financial records and reports, for its organization, and its affiliated companies, and its clients; collections; administrative duties; and other duties as necessary.
- Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Professional Accounting Designation in good standing (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA), or working towards
- Minimum of 4 years in accounting experience
- Proven accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and processes
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Must be fluent in English both oral and written. Knowledge of French language is an asset
- Must be able to keep business information strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Administration duties (including filing and customer service) and general office tidiness as required on a minimal, as-needed
- Completing payroll; beginner and advanced.
- Dealing with correspondents for benefits and claims.
- Communication with various travel agents.
- Dealing with collections; some advanced.
- Daily balancing, balancing of credit cards, ACH payments, POS system.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Solid understanding of business processes, accounting, auditing, information technology, internal controls and financial systems
- Need someone who is flexible, it is currently a high season and very busy.
- Year end is in November-January.