The details of the position can be found below.
Mar. 20, 2019
- Our client is currently looking for a Grinder Hand to work steady days 7am-4:30pm.
- General Machinist Certification
- Tool Maker Training
- Manual Cylindrical and Surface Grinding experience
- Have a working knowledge of W.H.M.I.S. and safety standards.
- Performs work requiring general trades knowledge.
- Works with minimum technical direction from the Plant Foreman and the General Manager. Plans and performs complicated and diversified work.
- Troubleshoots and implements solutions to machining problems.
- Inspects work in accordance with drawing specifications.
- Minimizes scrap and rework.
- Applies close mental and visual attention involving close tolerances.
- Effectively repairs / sharpens associated tools as required.
- Carries out prescribed machine preventive maintenance activities in accordance with schedule / checklists.
- Handles medium to heavy materials intermittently.
- Completes work within expected periods of time.
- Communicates well with colleagues, the Leadhand Toolmaker, the Plant Foreman, and the General Manager.
- Works safely avoiding lost time injuries.
- Minimum absenteeism and is punctual.
- Completes shop records accurately and completely.
- Performs other work as assigned by the Plant Foreman and the General Manager.
- 60 years in business
- Team Environment
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Life Insurance
- Clean and temperature controlled environment